Meet our Merchant: Frederick and Son – Port Elizabeth
The Heydenrych family have been in the meat business since 1905, when Johann Frederick Heydenrych established a butchery in Jansenville in the Eastern Cape. The business was passed from generation to generation over the last century and the boerewors recipe that is used for Frederick & Son gourmet boerie rolls is the very same one handed from father to son over the years.
The flavoursome gourmet wors that is served at Frederick & Son is the product of four generations of know-how. The cherished family recipe was passed from father to sons to grandsons to great grandsons from the time that Johann Frederick Heydenrych (known as Fred) opened his original butchery in Jansenville in the Karoo in 1905.
Be sure to try out their delicious gourmet boerie rolls and burgers!
Find them on Alabaster Street in the Baakens Valley
- Meet our Merchant: JARRYDS CBDSeptember 13, 2017
- Meet our Merchant: Blom Plek – Premium Lifestyle LoungeAugust 4, 2017
- Meet our Merchant: Flamebro’s Port ElizabethJuly 25, 2017
- Meet our Merchant: Plan B DesserteryJuly 19, 2017
- Meet our Merchant: Sir Thomas Brewing CoJuly 19, 2017